In diesen Zeiten schöpfen wir besonders viel Kraft in der Natur. Werden Sie NABU-Mitglied und helfen Sie mit, damit wir die Natur auch in Zukunft genießen können.Jetzt NABU-Mitglied werden!
Final Conference of LIFE Peat Restore -
“Restoring Peatlands for Climate”
20 to 21 October, 2021, Online Conference
We are pleased to invite you to take part in our international conference on peatlands and climate. The conference is co-organised by the University of Latvia and NABU within the frame of the EU project “Reduction of CO2 emissions by restoring degraded peatlands in Northern European Lowland” (LIFE Peat Restore, LIFE15 CCM/DE/000138). The aim of the conference is to bring together professionals of peatland policy, restoration and researchers, to share knowledge and experience, and discuss the next steps for peatland protection and restoration.
The conference will focus on the following topics
- Role of peatlands in climate change mitigation
- Greenhouse gas measurements and indirect assessment methods and their development, with special emphasis on GEST approach
- Peatland restoration for climate and biodiversity
- Experiences from different countries
- Monitoring of restoration success
- Peatland policy, with a focus on peatland restoration strategies
- The conference will be equipped with virtual rooms for poster presentations (including the possibility of 2-3 min oral presentations)
- Live Q & A Sessions will allow audience members to present questions to the speakers
- In addition, two short films will be launched focusing on restoration techniques and the role of peatlands in climate change mitigation
- Participants are also welcome to visit the virtual rooms for the photo exhibition Peatlands and Climate, as well as poster presentations
Download: Final programme
Registration (free of charge)
In order to participate in the conference, please register with the following form.
The last day to register is Monday, 18 October, 2021.
What: Online Final Conference of the LIFE Peat Restore project, “Restoring Peatlands for Climate”
When: Wednesday and Thursday, 20 to 21 October, 2021
Day 1: 9:30 am to 17:30 pm (CET)
Day 2: 9:30 am to 13:30 pm (CET)
Where: We will send you a link to the virtual conference via e-mail a few days before the conference
Information for participants with own submissions
In addition to the submission of the poster, participants are encouraged to submit a video with a short oral presentation to accompany the poster (optional).
File format: PDF
Size: DIN A3 (297 mm width x 420 mm height)
Maximum File Size: about 15 MB
Length: Maximum length of 3 minutes
Possible Video formats: MP4, MOV, WMV
Resolution: 1080p Full-HD resolution
Deadline for the poster presentations: 19 September, 2021, by sending to Antje.Trauboth@NABU.de.
Participants with poster presentations are kindly asked to submit abstracts which will be summarized in an abstract book. To reduce the volume of printed papers, we have decided not to produce a printed version. The abstract book will be available online on the website.
The text of abstract should not exceed two pages (1 page = 3,800 characters including spaces). It can contain figures, tables and references. Tables and graphs should be submitted separately in .xls or .xlsx format, photos and other pictures – in original files.
The abstract should contain title, author(s) name(s) and affiliation, email address of corresponding author. Deadline for abstract submission: 1 October, 2021, by sending to Antje.Trauboth@NABU.de.